Lucy

She felt the warmth of her mommy's womb then she felt the arms of Jesus rescue her.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lucy's Memorial

We had originally planned to have a service for Lucy at our church, but after bringing home her ashes and creating a garden for her in our backyard, I just didn't feel it necessary.  However, October is national Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month.  Every October our local hospital , where both Jamie and Lucy were delivered, has a memorial service for all the babies lost in the past year.  There were readings, my Dad played a song and each of the babies' names were read.  The parents were asked to stand as their baby's name was spoken.  We were given an angel statue and two huge mums.  Timmy, Daddy and I all gasped when the names of twins were read.  Even in my own pain I hurt deeply for others.  I cried during the service, hard and loud.  People were handing me tissues.  But it was good... good to hear her name out loud... Lucy Evelyn Rose Gaeng.  It is such a beautiful name.  I mean really exceptionally beautiful.  I love it.  I love her.  I want her back.  I miss her.
Jesus please hold her tight.  My babies like to be held.  All the time, even when they sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment