Lucy

She felt the warmth of her mommy's womb then she felt the arms of Jesus rescue her.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring... A Sign of Hope

Today was an absolutely beautiful day.  I love late winter days that give  sneak peaks at the spring that is certainly to come.  Spring might be my favorite season.  Summer wins for weather (I like it HOT!) But spring so clearly represents the resurrection of Jesus.  The winter seems so dead.  The trees are bare, the grass is brown, the sky is gray.  But then one day we start to see signs of life.  Trees with buds getting ready to burst open.  Daffodils sprouting through snow.  The warmth of the sun.  And then before we know it all that seemed dead is alive.  I believe God created spring to prove that Jesus is no longer dead, but fully alive.  I feel like my heart is experiencing a spring of its own.  I am beginning to emerge from this dark place where I have been living for the past two weeks.  I was able to sing along to praise songs today for the first time since our losses.  I have been able to pray, not for myself quite yet, but for others.  I have been concentrating on Jamie and turing off the TV and engaging him in lots of activities.  He is so desperate for this and I know he is glad to see his mommy again.

Well with such a beautiful day we decided to begin work on our garden.  Yesterday we spent 2 hours exploring our brand new Super Walmart!  It was quite fun, a little disappointing because they don't sell the kind of food we eat, but they did have tons of organic vegetable seeds!!!!  I have never had a garden and I don't have super high expectations.  I am more interested in Jamie seeing the process of growing his own food and hopefully we'll get a meal or two out of the deal.  He is constantly saying how he wants to be a farmer.  So today we talked about how farmers begin to grow their crops.  He was pretty excited and referred to himself as "Old MacDonald," me as "Mrs. Donald" and Timmy as "Mr. Donald."



I blurred out my foot because it looks gross with no pedi!!!


Jamie watching carefully to see if the little planter thingies are absorbing the water.

taking his own pictures of the days events!

boy, tomato seeds are really small!

squash seeds are bigger

GaGa stopped by to get in on the fun!

drawing and labeling our miniature greenhouse so we know what we're growing

Old MacDonald delivering the soil.

Old MacDonald on his break.



Marvin enjoying this lovely day

labeling his planters






Jesus thank You for Spring and signs of hope.

2 comments:

  1. Your writing is inspirational. You have a gift. I love you, Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are indulging in that little man!!! This is the most inspiring thing I have read in a long time! I am moved and blessed to know you!!!

    ReplyDelete