Lucy

She felt the warmth of her mommy's womb then she felt the arms of Jesus rescue her.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Across the Rio Grandeeo, across the lazy river...

Oh, wow, what a fun day we had today!!! Timmy was off and he had the super duper idea to go tubing on the Gunpowder.  We drove up to Monkton and rented the tubes.  We hopped on a little shuttle bus that took us to the put in.  The ride was only about 5 or 10 minutes, but I was having major flash backs of my white water rafting experiences on the New River in WV.  It was pretty much terrifying and yet I did it like 3 or 4 times all in one summer because my boyfriend was a guide.  I have been back to the New River once since then, but I didn't go rafting.  Timmy actually goes every year because he LOVES himself some white water.  Anyway I was actually getting nervous to go tubing.  So silly I know, but I was seriously traumatized.  I fell out of the boat and got stuck under it.  I was terrified every time we hit a rapid.  But anyhoo, not so many rapids on the Gunpowder, not any actually, so it was just perfect for me.  It took us over 2 hours to float down the river.  Jamie fell asleep in my arms about an hour in.  It was just so peaceful.  The lyrics from Mississippi Half Step Uptown Toodeloo kept running through my head "across the rio grandeeo, across the lazy river"  (I have been listening to The Grateful Dead lately, part of my "not quite midlife crisis/college flash back" phase, more on that in another post.)  It was a really great day.  We got ice cream afterwards and then headed home for taco night on the back porch.  I really want to go back up there again.  The NCR trail is at the same place and I would really like to go biking there.  I am really loving this summer.
Thank You Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment