Lucy

She felt the warmth of her mommy's womb then she felt the arms of Jesus rescue her.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

River Beach, Dinner, Scratch Offs and Smoothies

That's what we did yesterday. It almost felt like we were on vacation... which if you know us, is our favorite thing to do!!!!! Timmy had 2 days off in a row so we made the most of yesterday!!! I had heard of this place about 30 minutes from us called "Hammerman Beach" but I had never been. Its so funny what you don't know is right in your own back yard. Anyway I packed a yummy lunch, and the beach paraphernalia and off we went. Jamie fell asleep on the way, but was happy to see we were magically at "the beach" when he woke up. It was $3.00 to get in, so it was a cheap, lovely way to spend the afternoon with our little family. The water was really warm (it would have been nice if it was a little cooler actually) but there was a nice breeze. It was lots of fun!!!!


After the "beach" we came home and got showered up and decided to go to Buffalo Wild Wings (which is super weird because the only other place I have been with a BWW is Virginia Tech, my college). We ate really fast because Jamie was really not all about being there. Then off we went in search of ice cream and we ended up at the "Smoothie King" which is conveniently located next to a liquor store with lots of Lotto scratch offs. Timmy and I have developed a recent obsession with scratch offs. Hey if you don't play, you can't win right? I think everyone fantasizes about what they would if they won. I know I do on a daily basis! Well we had lots of $10 winners yesterday which we kindly reinvested back into the Scratch off business! We had a blast anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment