Lucy

She felt the warmth of her mommy's womb then she felt the arms of Jesus rescue her.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Settling Back In

It takes me freakn' forever to get over my "vacation depression" as I call it when I get home from a trip.  But I think I'm finally settling back in.  I am stupidly behind on my blog posts... by about a month and a half, soon to be 2 months behind.  It is one of my top priorities right now so I'll be blogging every night as long as I have a chance.

Jamie has fallen into a new sleep routine which is working pretty well for us.  He hasn't been napping and now he is asleep super early.  Last night before 8pm, tonight just before 9.  I really don't care when he chooses to go to sleep.  I'm not a schedule person, he'll sleep when he's tired and eat when he's hungry.  But I will say I am a fan of the earlier bedtime.

Jamie is back in gymnastics now.  He was supposed to start last Tuesday, but schools were closed for snow so they closed recreation activities too.  I don't have him signed up for anything else right now because my focus is to be low stress.  Very low stress.  I'm not really in the mood to leave my house.  I just want to be still.  I was so extremely busy last month I was absolutely miserable and that can't happen again anytime soon.  My body needs to be ready to grow these dear little babies so if I don't want to leave my house so be it.

I still have my little Home and Hospital teaching job.  However the poor little girl I'm supposed to be teaching hasn't shown up for one session yet.  So we'll see where it goes from here.  Timmy and I have agreed that I will only teach one student at a time and this student is supposed to last the rest of the year.  Its just too much on our little family for me to be away from home anymore than that.  Jamie really suffered last month when I was teaching the high school student and I won't let that happen again.  We've always said we'd live as humble as necessary in order for me to be home.

We are looking forward to preschool starting again.  I think we may start the first week of February and then break after my transfer so I can just get lots of rest and not worry about having the house super clean every Wednesday and Friday.  Jamie has been asking when his friends are coming over.  He really loves preschool in our home and so do I.

 Timmy has been pretty slow as far as work goes so we've had him home a lot lately which is great.  He has been super busy around the house cleaning room by room.  He is a really big help.  God gave me a great gift in him.

Tomorrow is my mommy's 60th birthday.  She wanted nothing more than to come here for dinner (well besides a Disney vacation!!!)  She has requested my turkey meatloaf and home made spaghetti sauce with brownies for dessert.  It will be a fun peaceful little celebration and I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment