Lucy

She felt the warmth of her mommy's womb then she felt the arms of Jesus rescue her.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

"Whatever!"

So Jamie has a new phrase.. "whatever!"  Now I do take complete and full blame for this.  I don't cuss or take the Lord's Name in vein, but I do say "fine, whatever!" when I'm ticked and so now of course this is what my almost 3 year old baby boy says.  I mean it could be worse and actually he did say "Oh my G*d" the other day and I got really upset with him.  I'm not sure where he picked that up.  That is not a phrase that is ok with me, especially in our home.  But I explained that it hurts Jesus' feelings when we talk like that and Jamie understood.  Although he did test me just for fun to see what would happen.  We were out when he said it and I drove right back home and put him in his room.  That was the end of that.

Okay, back to "whatever" Now it is super hard not to laugh when this comes out of his mouth because it is really funny, but at the same time disrespectful.  So at breakfast yesterday he said "whatever" in response to something we said to him and of course the whole family chuckled which led him of course to say it again and again.  Finally Timmy removed him to the kitchen and this is the conversation that ensued...

Timmy...Jamie you have to listen to me about saying "whatever"  Mommy and daddy don't like that you say whatever all the time.  Its ok that you said it once, everybody laughed...
Jamie (with hands out)...but I
Timmy...please listen to me
Jamie...but I
Then Jamie grabbed Timmy's face with both hands...
Jamie...its my turn to talk now, i just want to say whatever i want to say and I just want to eat my eggies and i just want to eat my crackers and i just want to make good choices and laugh and thats all i want.
Timmy...thats all i want for you too buddy
Jamie...and I just want to laugh.
Timmy...just make good choices buddy.
Jamie...ok

This little boy cracks me up and NEVER ceases to amaze me.
God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment