Lucy

She felt the warmth of her mommy's womb then she felt the arms of Jesus rescue her.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Longwood Gardens

On Saturday Mommy, Jamie, Baby Cheyenne and I went to Longwood Gardens in PA. (I was babysitting for our good friends for the day.) My mom and I are all about squeezing every last moment out of summer. Of course we would love to be on vacation somewhere, but since that's not going to happen we are taking day trips. (Tomorrow my cousin, Sarah and our little boys and I are going to The Hands On House in Lancaster.) So anyway, back to Longwood... We arrived around 1pm and attempted to head straight for the little railroad set up where Thomas the train was. Along the way we saw a beautiful topiary garden and some fountains. We found the Children's Garden... Jamie was "King Bee" of the garden.running on the little brick paths in the children's gardenin the bee hive maze...and walked through the rose arches... ...at the end of which we found Thomas. Jamie was beyond thrilled. All the other little kids kinda just stared but Jamie was spinning in circles, jumping up and down screaming "Thomas, Thomas!"
pointing to Thomas
After we hung out there for about 30 minutes we headed up to the Conservatory and walked through beautiful indoor gardens. The smell was so fragrant, just beautiful. We had a nummy break in the conservatory and then headed to the restaurant for lunch. Longwood has a REALLY yummy cafeteria style place to eat. It was super good. Cheyenne did most of the eating! I changed her diaper and took Jamie to go potty. While I was going through the cafeteria line I had Jamie on my back in the Ergo and I was carrying Chey Chey in my arms. People looked at me like i was nuts! I wish I had a picture of this but I don't. Neither one of them was willing to go with my mom at the time so I just took them both. And let me tell you I loved it! I have a deep desire in my heart to have a home absolutely full of children, we will see what God's plan is. Any way after lunch we watched the fountain show which was pretty neat. Then we headed back to Thomas. We stayed there for at least another 30 minutes. Jamie noticed that "Percy" was no longer on the tracks and asked the engineer if he could put him back on. The engineer got quite a kick out of my little guy and obliged. Chey and I sat in the grass and played while Ga Ga and Jamie ran all around the railway checking out Thomas and Percy. As we were leaving the engineer let Jamie hug Thomas goodbye. Pretty neat! I was thoroughly exhausted at this point so it was time to head back to the car. However Jamie and Cheyenne both wanted to be held by only me once again... which was fine with me so Jamie went on my back and I held Chey in my arms. Both babies conked about about 5 seconds into the ride home! It was a good day. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment