Lucy

She felt the warmth of her mommy's womb then she felt the arms of Jesus rescue her.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The First Day of PreSchool!

Well I'll just start by saying it was pretty fantastic and I hope it continues!  Five children ages 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 and their mommies joined Jamie and me at our house this morning at 8:30am!!!!!  Whoa that is stinkn' early I know!  As everyone came in Timmy and I took their pictures.  Everyone headed down stairs to play and have "opening"  before we head out to our first field trip to the apple orchard.  (Shouldn't every first day of school start with field trip?)  As the children came downstairs they found their names and matched them up with their pictures on the chart. Then they could choose a "morning activity." At 9am I gathered everyone over for opening. We opened with a prayer asking Jesus to be with us and show us what He wanted us to learn. We sang "Rise and Shine" .... Rise and shine and give God the glory glory (repeat) Children of the Lord. Then we sang "This is the Day"... This is the day that the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it for this is the day that the Lord has made. Then we all said "Good Morning Jesus!!!" (Perhaps if I could have started every morning like this with my public school kids I'd still be teaching.... well probably NOT!!!) Next we did the calendar and weather. Then there was more singing and dancing!!! Finally I read 2 books about apples and everyone went potty and we were off to the orchard!!!!












in our wagon train headed to the orchard

checking out some other crops on the way to the orchard











The whole rowdy bunch!



silly big brother to be Jimmy!  He and Jamie make quite a team!!!

Timmy takes everyone to see a tractor!

3 comments:

  1. These pictures are beautiful...except the one of the preggo eating an apple. I look like a psycho. LOL I would tell you to take it off, but it is so precious of Jimmy showing his molars to his friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are too funny! i put that picture in of you because you can see your beautiful belly! now stop you look amazing! the best way any woman can look! i love you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the pictures and wish I saw this sooner.... You have to make me aware of when you post things back dated. The last picture is the absolute sweetest. You need to do a formal Pre-School picture now!!

    ReplyDelete